The Benefits Of Electric Vehicles

The Benefits Of Electric Vehicles



Electric vehicles have been in​ existence since way back in​ 1830, and​ are becoming popular again​ with so many people being concerned about pollution​ and​ the rising cost of​ gasoline. Electric vehicles have been used for​ many years in​ the form of​ golf carts and​ have also been used as​ fleet vehicles by servicemen such as​ meter readers. However, due to​ the continued commitment and​ research efforts of​ the major car manufacturers, electric vehicles are becoming available today that are practical for​ normal street use, just as​ a​ gasoline powered vehicle would be.

Electric vehicles are popular because, unlike gasoline-powered vehicles, they produce no tailpipe emissions, which are known to​ cause heavy air pollution. Another reason​ for​ their popularity when compared to​ gasoline powered vehicles is​ that they actually use 75% of​ the power generated by the electricity, while a​ gasoline powered vehicle only uses 20% of​ the power produced by the gasoline, leaving the other 80% to​ pollute the air, clog up car components, etc.

While there is​ not a​ huge market for​ electric vehicles at​ this​ point in​ time, there are a​ number of​ companies that produce them for​ various reasons, with one of​ the reasons being NEV’s. a​ NEV is​ also known as​ a​ “neighborhood electric vehicle”. These electric vehicles are used in​ large, gated communities usually, and​ are normally built to​ accommodate one or​ two people. These small electric vehicles can reach speeds of​ 35 to​ 40 miles per hour.

in​ addition​ to​ the NEV’s that are available, there are a​ few car manufacturers that are producing and​ selling street compatible electric vehicles. The Dodge TEVan, an​ electric minivan built by the Chrysler Corporation, is​ currently being marketed to​ utility corporations with a​ price tag of​ approximately $100,000. Other companies that produce electric vehicle prototypes for​ demonstration​ purposes only include Honda, GM and​ Ford.

How an​ electric vehicle works is​ quite easy to​ understand. Since the electric vehicle runs on​ electricity, or​ a​ charge, the battery attached to​ the vehicle is​ plugged in​ prior to​ use in​ order for​ the battery to​ fully charge. Depending on​ how low the battery’s charge is, and​ also on​ the charging voltage that is​ used to​ charge the battery, charging can take anywhere between three and​ eight hours. Once charged, the electric vehicle will normally run for​ between 60 and​ 200 hours before the battery needs to​ be recharged.

A limited production​ electric vehicle can cost up to​ $40,000, however, many models that are available for​ everyday use can be purchased for​ $15,000 to​ $30,000, depending on​ the make and​ model, as​ well as​ the options that you​ desire the electric vehicle to​ have.
There also exists the possibility to​ transform a​ regular gasoline powered vehicle into an​ electric vehicle; this​ is​ done by using a​ conversion​ kit, which can be purchased for​ about $5,000. Electrical vehicles are safe for​ the environment, economically priced, as​ well as​ fun to​ drive.




Related Articles:




Powered by Blogger.