Surviving The Serpents Kiss

Surviving The Serpents Kiss



Snakes are an​ incredibly resilient species of​ reptile, having adapted to​ the​ environments of​ all but one of​ the​ continents. the​ legless, reptilian creatures have long been the​ focus of​ many conflicted feelings in​ humanity. Western culture sees the​ snake as​ the​ representation of​ the​ devil, and​ therefore as​ representation of​ evil. the​ ancient Egyptians believed that the​ snake was a​ symbol of​ immortality and​ one particular species, the​ cobra, was revered as​ the​ guardian of​ the​ gods. Regardless of​ what view is​ taken, snakes are almost universally seen as​ venomous creatures, whose bite can bring everything from inflammation to​ excruciating death. Not all snakes are poisonous and​ not all snakes are prone to​ biting when threatened. However, there are still some common procedures to​ dealing with snake bites.

Firstly, it​ is​ often a​ good idea to​ try and​ identify what sort of​ snake did the​ biting. Most snakebites are made by snakes that are venomous. the​ venom can have a​ variety of​ effects on a​ person, with some capable only of​ causing nausea and​ vomiting in​ a​ human, while others can take a​ person down in​ a​ matter of​ minutes without proper treatment. Identifying the​ snake, or​ at​ least the​ general species of​ it, can potentially save the​ victim's life. There is​ anti-venom for​ most of​ the​ venomous snakes in​ a​ given area, but it​ can take some time to​ determine which snake did the​ biting. This is​ because the​ anti-venom of​ a​ cobra or​ coral snake is​ not going to​ have much effect in​ preventing damage caused by a​ rattlesnake or​ copperhead. if​ the​ snake cannot be identified, then it​ is​ best to​ describe it​ in​ as​ much detail as​ possible once help arrives.

The next step to​ perform while waiting for​ help to​ arrive is​ to​ remove any restrictive clothing and​ tie a​ tight bands near the​ bitten area. These bands should ideally be placed a​ few inches above and​ below the​ bite area and​ serve to​ slow the​ spread of​ the​ poison by cutting off as​ much of​ the​ blood flow from the​ poisoned area as​ possible. However, a​ danger to​ this step is​ the​ possibility of​ tying the​ binds too tightly, which could lead to​ negative side effects later on.

Snake venom can be very destructive, with some of​ the​ more potent ones (notably that of​ the​ black mamba or​ certain species of​ viper) being capable of​ neural damage even in​ limited areas. it​ is​ critical that as​ much of​ the​ venom be removed from the​ wound as​ possible, to​ minimize the​ potential damage. There are commercially available kits for​ this sort of​ procedure and​ they are designed to​ be use regardless of​ the​ type of​ snake that did the​ biting. Suction of​ the​ poison can also be performed by mouth, but the​ person doing so should be careful not to​ ingest any of​ the​ poison himself.

Whenever possible, the​ snake should be caught, either for​ identification or​ for​ testing. in​ areas where there are multiple species of​ venomous snakes, identifying the​ specific type of​ snake venom involved can save time in​ finding the​ appropriate anti-venom. in​ the​ event that the​ anti-venom for​ the​ species is​ not readily available, poison control personnel can also attempt to​ extract the​ snake's own venom and​ synthesize a​ batch of​ anti-venom directly from it. This may take time to​ perform, but there are usually drugs available that slow down (but cannot stop) the​ progression of​ the​ poisoning.




You Might Also Like:




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.